a midsummer's adventure

05:31


Hello everyone! It's been a while since I posted a photo diary of my daily adventures, but nothing much has been going on - it's summer break, and I've spent the past couple of weeks sleeping, going to malls, catching up on summer studying and posting on my tumblr (link in the tabs bar!)

However, I thought I'd share with you today's mini adventure @ Singapore's Haji Lane :-) I was at the hospital earlier for a regular appointment, but since we were near Haji Lane we thought it would be nice to stop by and have lunch there. Haji Lane is known for housing several cafes and independent stores selling the work of local designers, so I was really looking forward to today's visit!

Today's Outfit! White Tee, Uniqlo // Ripped Jeans, Zara // Sandals, Charles and Keith // Necklace, COS // Bracelet, H&M 

Hurrah! Finally, I have succeeded in taking a moderately adequate OOTD photo. While it took a good chunk of time to figure out how to balance my heavy camera on the edge of our dining table, I managed a handful of acceptable snaps. (I apologize for the mess that is my hair)


One of the first stores we wandered into was Mondays Off. (The photos of this store are taken on my iPhone, so I apologize if the quality isn't as great!)



The store boasts a wide collection of homeware, posters, canvas prints, etc. The design is all very Scandinavian-esque, as the color palette and design is simple and clean. 

Miniature terrariums!



I ended up purchasing a pencil case for school :-) It's by another local design brand called Sketch-a-Tote.

You can visit the Mondays Off website here, and the Sketch-a-Tote website here


Spotted the cutest bike shop! Confession: I don't exactly know how to ride a bike. I tell myself I know how to, I tell OTHER people I know how to, but so far I've only nailed riding the stationary bike at the gym ^^" 

I do want to learn though! Especially if I get to ride on of these cute bicycles from tokyobike.


It was around lunch time when I finished my appointment at the hospital, so after strolling around for a while we decided to take a break and have lunch at this cute cafe.

The entire store was well-decorated! It has a very cozy feel, from the cafe on the lower level to the little store selling clothes and accessories on the second floor.


The food was great! My brother and I ordered steak and cheese pie, and my mom ordered a mushroom quiche.


Frankie's previous edition!
I'ma huge fan of places like Starbucks, but the selection of magazines is pretty poor. I was pretty thankful that this cafe had Frankie :-) They also had some great interior design magazines.

so. freaking. good.



I was too full to eat anything else after the pie, but look at these desserts! The earl gray cake was the most tempting :"-)

"Pick up a plant today"




Salad was selling the cutest collection of cacti, minimalist jewellery, and unique clothing. Unfortunately they do not allow photography inside the store. I did manage to take a photo of this worn icon outside their store! It was definitely one of the most memorable stores I visited today.



Elffin and Elffin is a wonderful cafe and gallery all-in-one. Among the white shophouses, the vibrant blue and orange facade was a nice sight :-)



The upstairs gallery :-)


That's it for today's post, thank you so much for reading! 

I may be inactive this upcoming week, but my birthday is coming up!! Ackk I'm turning 15, and I'll make sure to take a photo of all the happy stuff going on. 

Hope you enjoyed and as always, feel free to comment xx

Today's Outfit (details listed in photo caption above)

- Justine







More on Teenfolk

11 comments

  1. Missed the chance to visit Haji Lane when I was at Singapore the other year :( It looks so pretty! aw man. And happy almost birthday! x

    littlemistyisti.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you ever come back, it really is such a nice place to visit! And thank you :))

      Delete
  2. Love your ripped jeans and those bikes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg, i was at haji lane jn!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww just off by a few days haha :-)

      Delete
    2. haha but i went at night and the shops were closing D: nonetheless, it was still v fun :D

      Delete
  4. All these stores look so amazing- wish I could visit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get the chance to! They were tons of fun to visit :)

      Delete
  5. Wow! Looks like so much fun. Love your outfit! And you are an amazing photographer. Seriously :)

    cranberrydeer.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cory! Haha I'm still a rookie and I need a better editing software, but thank you :-)

      Delete